Friday, November 20, 2009

How can I retrieve a user's first name from a Database and dynamically add it to a webpage?

I've created the database and the login form in Dreamweaver; I understand that Session Variables need to be defined and called out, but how do get the application to retrieve not the user's login data but the data stored in first name field of the database and use that as the session variable?

How can I retrieve a user's first name from a Database and dynamically add it to a webpage?
It's not possible to answer this question unless you specify the type of database. Is it MySQL or what?





And what have session variables got to do with it? Are you sure you are talking about a database at all?





..





Sorry, can't help with MS Access. I thought it was only for desktop computers, not servers. I could tell you how to do it in MySQL in a minute!

martial arts styles

No comments:

Post a Comment