Wednesday, November 18, 2009

How Do I find someone if I only know their First Name ?

I'm looking for a male I know his first name, a city one of his relative's lived at 30 years ago, and that he may have been in the army in 1978? I can't people search they all require last names. I don't have any phone numbers or addresses to work with either.

How Do I find someone if I only know their First Name ?
Unless his first name is Nebuchadnezzar or Balthazar then you're basically screwed. If its plain old John or William then you haven't a snowballs chance in hell.





You really need a last name to work with, but even if you had one, no people searching method is foolproof. Not everybody is in the phone book if they don't have a landline or are ex-directory, and in the same vein, not everybody is registered to vote and would appear in the electoral roll. Even those that are eligible to vote can choose to remove themselves from the online edition of the database for privacy and data protection reasons, so there is still no guarantee you would find anyone even if you had a full name and place they are living now.





I wouldn't waste your time and energy on this. I really wouldn't. Short of a plea in a local newspaper (and thirty years is a really long time ago for anyone to remember anything), there's not much you can do.
Reply:well you don't have all the information to search for him, or ask around, the only thing you can do is wait, and if it's meant to be then you'll bump into him


No comments:

Post a Comment